Friday, June 15, 2007

nothing to do with the kids

i had an anomaly (or maybe miraculous is a better description) morning today. it all started with last night. we have had the blessing of co-leading an awesome small group (bible study) with our really good friends this past year and last night was our final gathering of the year. we ended it by playing a little ultimate frisbee, which, if you haven't played it before, involves a lot of running. well, "a lot" is according to my standards. so, needless to say, i found myself running out of breath as the game went on. i thought, "wow, i'm really out of shape. i really need to exercise." i've had this thought often recently. i knew it was getting bad when i heard myself asking allan a month or so ago if i could buy one of those exercise gizmos you see offered on a paid advertisement. anyway, after the game was over, i decided to treat myself to a refreshing cup of iced vanilla latte. unfortunately, decaf wasn't available so i went ahead and allowed myself to drink a 2-shot cup of iced vanilla latte not caring whether the caffeine would affect me at 9:30 at night. well, it did. i couldn't fall asleep until 3 am. around 4 am, emma woke me up for a feeding, which wasn't bad considering she went 6 hours without waking! (okay, i lied. this entry does have a little something to do with the kids.) anyway, after i nursed and changed her i climbed back into bed and found myself unable to fall asleep...again. around 5:15 am, i decided to go for a run remembering how out of shape i am. that's the miracle...I WENT FOR A RUN AT 5:15 THIS MORNING! those of you who know me well would know that isn't just one miracle. not only did i go for a run, but i did it at 5 o'clock in the morning! it felt good. God knew what He was doing when He gave me that caffeinated latte last night. :0)

4 comments:

Amber said...

Too cool Yolanda ... as you were describing ultimate frisbee I was thinking but Yolanda doesn't like to run :) And then read on for a further surprise!!!

Glad you enjoyed your run!!!

BTW ... we are moving home ... hopefully sometime in July :)

Sarah said...

Wow. I suppose a little caffeine goes a long way in your system. Way to take advantage of it. You must be really sore. And also, our small group should challenge your small group to a game of ultimate. I of course won't be able to play, but I could live vicariously through the rest of you.

joyce said...

are you supposed to be exercising so soon after giving birth?? :)

that happens to me when i don't drink caffeine for a long time, and even just a cup of tea after dinner will have me up all night!

Christy said...

congratulations! it is so hard to get back on the exercising bandwagon we often need a little help from the Man upstairs. may God keep you motivated and strong!
Michele