Sunday, April 20, 2008

tumble bumble

i've experienced flutterings in my belly a handful of times now. the first time i thought i felt the baby move was on march 28, when i was at the end of my 15th week. even though this is my third pregnancy, i still wonder whether it's really the baby moving or something else going on in my belly when i feel movement. well, tonight it was absolutely clear to me that it was the baby! it's been a relief because i was expecting to feel movement sooner this time around...you know, since i'm more experienced and all. :0) the baby is still bumbling around as i'm typing. such a sweet, sweet feeling. babies are truly miracles God gives to us, that's for sure!

as for updates on our other two little miracles...

lucas is incredibly thoughtful and inquisitive. there's probably not a day that goes by that he doesn't say or do something that amazes me or completely melts my heart. lately, he's been telling me that he loves me all the way up to the moon and back (aaawww!). lucas is fully potty-trained and has been since the middle of january...yay! his favorite book to read to me is "if you give a mouse a cookie." he's learned how to use the mouse on the computer and loves to play the educational games offered on pbskids.org. i'm working on teaching him how to write his name. so far, he's learned how to write L.

emma loves to point at things and say, "da," which is her way of telling us she wants "that." she is not talking or signing as much as lucas was (mostly because i haven't been as diligent at teaching her), but she definitely knows what she wants. she loves food and will scream when she sees it and doesn't get it. we stopped by sonic tonight during happy hour to enjoy some refreshing fruit slushes for half-price. emma started squealing and pointing saying, "da" as soon as i placed my cup in the cup holder. she was relentless! it was very cute. she's also picked up "no!" from her brother. she will actually use it in the right context, such as when you are trying to change her diaper when she wants to play instead. i fear she's going to be a handful!

emma having a blast with lucas pushing her on the rocket
lucas and emma in their new car seats (emma gets to face forward!)
emma trying to put on her shoe
emma posing and being cute!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want more posts like this. I love hearing about the kids development and seeing the pictures. Thank you for sharing. The pic of Emma with Lucas pushing her is a fantastic picture.
Leah

e and h said...

sonic?! i wanna go to sonic!