Wednesday, June 04, 2008

an update

so i started feeling some tightening and cramping in my belly last wednesday (may 28) and wasn't sure if they were really braxton hicks contractions. it seemed a little too early for them. well, after a week of feeling the same tightening and cramping off and on, i'm pretty sure they are braxton hicks. i didn't do a good job of tracking my development when i was pregnant with emma, so i don't know when i started having them with her. and, i looked back and couldn't find the information for lucas either. tsk tsk. oh well.

lucas is getting to be more of a big boy each day. he started sleeping without his guard rail on his bed. he hasn't fallen off yet, so that's a good thing. he asked us to take it off of his bed about a week ago (may 30). we were hesitant to do it, but we figured it would be good training for him to sleep in the bunk beds in our trailer. we'll see if our logic works out! i've been doing more lessons with him out of his math workbook. he really enjoys it and catches on really quick. we also confirmed that he has an amazing memory. we bought him the spiderman memory game and he beats us most of the time!

emma has become quite attached to me. she won't let me put her down when she wakes up from her afternoon nap. it's sweet. she is a little climber and loves to climb up on the stool in the bathroom to play at the sink. she loves to run her little hands underneath the water...it's so cute! she loves climbing so much that she is almost able to get herself into the tub. if only she was about an inch taller! then i'd really be in trouble, i guess. she recently learned to say, "ta-da!" from lucas. it's really cute when she says it because she throws her hands and arms up as she's saying it to really give it the full effect.

so, that's the update...

4 comments:

joyce said...

my book (the mayo clinic guide to a healthy pregnancy) says that we can start feeling BH as early as 22 weeks, which shocked me cuz i didn't realize my uterus needed to practice that already! i haven't felt anything yet (i don't think, but who knows).

thanks for the update! :)

joyce said...

hey...nice new look!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I really like the new background. At first I thought I had typed in the wrong address!

Speaking of braxton hicks, I think I felt my first one today. It lasted a few minutes and only happened once this evening. I hope that was what it was!

Michelle

yolanda said...

thanks, girls! michelle, i think it's great to be having braxton hicks already because it means that your uterus is getting ready for the real thing!