Sunday, February 14, 2010

double fun

happy chinese new year (goong hay fot choy!) and happy valentine's day! we had a wonderful non-celebration of both! :) we did, however, hang out with my sister and nate pretty much all day, which was fun. we headed to their place after church this morning and i got to watch the last episode of j&k+8 that vicky had taped for me from months ago. i wasn't a follower of the show. in fact, the first time i saw an episode of it was when i was in the hospital delivering elise. anyway, even for a non-follower, i was really saddened to see their divorce unfold in such a public way. honestly, my heart just went out to the kids. sorry for the rabbit trail. back to our day. we went home for naps and then took a walk to our neighborhood park where the kids had a great time just being outside. i can't say that i'm excited about 90-degree weather, but i am looking forward to warmer weather so that the kids and i can head outside more often. vicky and nate brought dinner over to us tonight so we were elated that we didn't have to cook. (if someone offered me 3 wishes, one of my wishes would surely be to have a personal chef!) we had a great dinner, a light dessert, and then laughed our booties off shooting at a target that vicky had balanced on the top of her head. allan won "best shot" hands down! i didn't have my camera on me all day, but here are some recent pictures of the kids.

the kids riding the tractor at brayden's birthday party


our cutie pie

1 comment:

Aramigan said...

I love that now when I see your pictures (except the tractor ones), I can picture exactly where everyone is in your house.
Miss you guys! I want to shoot stuff off people's heads.
Leah