Saturday, January 29, 2005

hungry? grab a snickers

i went out this afternoon to run a few errands. while i was waiting in line to pay at one of the stores, i suddenly got very hot and lightheaded. i began feeling weak in my knees and my heart started beating really fast. out of nowhere, hunger hit me and i started shaking, literally. for all of my friends out there who are pregnant (and there are many!), this is a reminder to keep snacks with you AT ALL TIMES! i don't think hunger has hit me like it did this afternoon any other time during my pregnancy. i felt like i was going to faint right there at the checkstand. fortunately, there was a rack of candy bars within arms reach. now i appreciate the slogan for snickers candy bars..."hungry? grab a snickers." i did so gladly!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I can relate! Just wait until you start nursing! :-) The recommendation is 300 extra calories when you are pregnant and 500 calories when you are nursing!