Monday, March 22, 2010

cooking update

so, last thursday was the big day! my friend, irene, and i did a demonstration at linda's (my pastor's wife's) house on basic chinese stir-frying/cooking and i have to say that it went VERY well! i had a TON of fun with irene and all of the ladies that were there and was especially blessed to see my friend and mentor, trina, from when i first became a christian. trina was my first joy in the morning small group leader and later i led a group with her and learned so much from her! okay, i digress. we cooked two dishes - asparagus with beef and bok choy with tofu. they both turned out pretty yummy! we had a great time demonstrating, laughing, tasting, ringing the bell!, and just fellowshipping with one another. so, what did i learn? i am now more confident with my cooking skills and will start having friends over to try some of my chinese food. (so far, my only guinea pigs have been allan, the kids, my sister, and nate.) :) thanks, linda, for encouraging me, hosting, and giving me the opportunity to share some of my heritage! and, thanks, irene, for being my partner in crime!

3 comments:

cristy garcia said...

how fun! :) it looks like you had fun, and i must say, that your hair looks very nice! Did you get a new cut? :)

joyce said...

glad to hear it went so well!! :) so...are you gonna share the recipes with US???

Amber said...

Hmmm ... Jason, Megan and I must have been amongst the first of the guinea pigs then :) We still make Bok Choy, Fried Rice and Potstickers on a pretty regular basis!!! You are a good cook!!!