Friday, June 17, 2011

fast friends

last summer i got to spend a weekend in seattle with a gal from my church who is originally from hong kong. it was neat and refreshing to spend time chatting in cantonese with her, which is something i don't get to do very often now that i'm away from home. she was able to teach all three of her kids to speak cantonese even though her husband is caucasian and speaks zero chinese. it makes me really, really want to teach my kids chinese! anyway, we became fast friends and my kids have come to ADORE her daughter and son even though they are way older. they came over for a visit the other night and after lily and riley played some cool tunes on the piano for me (they are both phenomenal pianists!) riley captivated lucas and emma with a bedtime story. the next day, i took my parents over to their house for a visit and here are some pictures of the kids with their newfound friends. pretty sweet.

siblings

elise & elisa

lucas, emma, and riley

doing the robot

No comments: